Monday 3 May 2010

This Year

I figured you guys should know a little bit about what has happened to me over this past year (for those not on Nativ). I have been in Israel for the past 8 months (except for a 10 day stint in Greece) on the gap year program called Nativ. During the course of the program I have spent 5 months living in Jerusalem, studying at Hebrew Unversity on Mt. Scopus, 3 months living on Kibbutz Ein Tzurim, working in the fields, and traveling throughout Israel. Over this period of time I kept wondering how I can help advocate for Israel. Last week I, along with the other Nativers, attended an Israel Advocacy Seminar led by the famous Neil Lazarus (he is awesome). There we were given ideas about how to use public speaking and the internet to advocate for Israel, I chose the latter. As of now I am rather curious as to how this blog will turn out and if you guys have suggestions or questions give me a shout out. Also, if there is terminology you do not understand tell me because it will not help Israel for you to be confused.
Lastly, I want to give a major thank you to all of my friends and staff on Nativ for an amazing exerperience. Also, a shout out to every relative and friend that I have met whilst in Israel. And Israel, do not worry, I will be back as soon as humanly possible so no need to worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment